My name is Waverly Calder. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and, among other things, I write erotic fiction. I started writing several years ago as a private gift to my partner. After a while, I realized that I have a distinct point of view, so I decided to try to publish my work. My work is distinctive from much of the erotica available today in the following ways:
- It is modern. I’m not into historical or period work.
- It is realistic. Although my stories are fantasies, I prefer them to be grounded in real people leading real lives in situations that are basically believable. Sorry, no vampires, aliens, or steampunk from me!
- Related to the above, I try hard to develop strong characters that the reader can identify with, even in my very short pieces.
- It is sex-positive. I don’t have any political axe to grind, but I believe that sex is an extraordinarily important way that we relate to ourselves and others, and that it should be celebrated, not diminished.
- It cuts across a variety of lifestyles – kink, swinger, poly, LGBT, and even plain vanilla. I embrace all expressions of sexuality as long as they are safe and consensual.
So that’s a little bit about myself and my work. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments section, or send me a note any time.